Students and Government Council (SAGC) Members will:
- Be a liaison between their community and the school board, city council, and state legislatures.
- Share the interests and concerns of families in their community at the district with administrators, city council staff, and state legislators.
- Learn about district, city, and state policies and political structures.
- Have open discussions about ideas and work on an advocacy project.
- Meet twice a month as a council.
School District, City, and State leadership are looking for up to 30 student representatives across all 9 City Council districts who can represent their community properly, show respect for self and others, communicate well, consider others’ ideas and try to make things happen. In addition to student participation from PPS, 10 slots will be reserved for students attending private, parochial and charter schools. If this is something you are interested in please submit an application by going online at https://forms.office.com/r/NKN7HLUAVF, no later than September 23, 2023.
All SAGC members must be strongly connected to their community and must be available to attend an interview during the week of September 26 and orientation on Thursday, October 6, 2022. For questions or additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.