• Neighborhood School Enrollment 


    Identify your Assigned Neighborhood School on Discover PPS 

    Use our Discover PPS tool by inputting your mailing address. Input house number and street address and select registered US Postal Address from drop down. Click on each school to discover more about the features your neighborhood school has to offer. 

    If your child does not speak English:

    We have Early Childhood Programs (for 3 to 5 year olds) and English as a Second Language Programs (ESL) (Kindergarten through Grade 12) to increase the English language proficiency of students whose dominant language is not English so that they can attain academic standards and achieve success in the classroom. For further questions, please contact our ESL Office at (412) 529-3367.
    The District will encourage homeless children to be enrolled in school and will make reasonable efforts to eliminate barriers to their attendance and education. Read the District's complete policy on Homeless Children (Policy #231). For further questions, please contact our Student Support Services at (412) 529-3918.

    Gather supporting documents:

    Requested Documents
    All The District requests that students provide the following additional documents (if available). These documents are not required as a condition of enrollment and will not delay a child's enrollment.

    Print Form Symbol
    Printing Form: Take it to Central Enrollment Office or your Neighborhood School. Please have all other requested and required documentation at the time of enrollment. Print button is located on the last page of packet.
    Electronically Submit Form Symbol
    Submit Form Electronically: Form will be emailed to Central Enrollment Office for re-registration, please have all other requested and required documentation ready to submit to complete enrollment. A PPS staff member will contact you. Submit button is located on the last page of packet.   
    • Current Photo ID (driver's license or state ID) 
    • Request for Student Records Form (given and completed on-site at the time of enrollment)
      • Health/Physical Examination Records
      • Academic, Attendance and Special Education Records  
    Required Documents
    All students who are entering the District for the first time, at any grade, must submit the following documentation before being admitted: 
    • Evidence of the child's age (one of the following):
      • Birth certificate/notarized copy of a birth certificate
      • School Record indicating the date of birth
      • Religious Record/notarized copy of a religious record (i.e. baptismal certificate)
      • Hospital Record
      • Valid passport
      • Notarized statement from the parents or another relative indicating the date of birth
    • Current proof of residence (any two of the following):
      • Tax Statement
      • Utility Bill
      • Voter's Registration Card
      • Credit Card Statement
      • Drivers Licensure/State ID
      • Mortgage Statement
      • Lease (signed and notarized)
      • Bank Statement
      • Vehicle Registration
      • Social Security letter/document
      • Official Public Assistance letter/document
      • Other
    • Immunization records (with dates) in the form of (one of the following):
      • Immunization records from their doctor or a medical office; OR
      • School health records; OR
      • Written statement or verbal assurance from the former school district, with records to follow; OR
      • International Health Certificate

    Guardianship: If you are not the natural parent or guardian of the child being enrolled, you must also provide appropriate legal documentation showing dependency or guardianship or a sworn statement of full residential support to the Office of Student Services located at the District's Administration Building, Room #440, Phone: (412) 529-3942 OR (412) 529-3950 OR (412) 529-3953, before the child will be admitted.

    Non-resident students may be registered in accordance with the District's policy on Eligibility of Non-Resident Students (Policy #202). To access the policy on the SCView Inquiry screen, select "Policies" from the Document Type dropdown menu and enter the Policy number in the Policy No. box.

    To complete the registration process:

    School Year Enrollments: Take all required and requested documents to either of the following:
    • Your child's assigned school
    • Data, Research, Evaluation and Assessment (DREA) #348 (Oakland Area):
    Pittsburgh Public Schools Administration Building
    341 S. Bellefield Ave
    Pittsburgh, PA 15213
    Hours: 9am-4:30pm (year-round)
    Central Support for the following schools:
    Banksville, Beechwood, Concord, Faison, Grandview, Lincoln, Minadeo, Roosevelt, Spring Hill, West Liberty, Whittier
    Please Contact Maureen McAdoo, Central Support Clerk
    Phone: 412-529-5874
    Fax: 412-325-8961
    Email: mmcadoo1@pghboe.net

    Central Support for the following schools:
    Arlington, Arsenal K-5, Fulton, King, Manchester, Miller, Morrow, Phillips, Weil, Westwood, Woolslair

    Please contact Tracy Velemirovich, Central Support Clerk
    Phone: 412-529-3877
    Fax: 412-325-7806

    Email: tvelemirovich1@pghboe.net

    Central Support for the following schools:
    Arsenal 6-8, Colfax, Greenfield, Brookline, Mifflin, Langley, Schiller, South Brook, South Hills, Sunnyside
    Please contact Geraldine Ennis, Central Support Clerk
    Phone: 412-529-3528
    Fax: 412-325-7798

    Email: gennis1@pghboe.net

    Central Support for the following schools:
    Allderdice, Brashear, Carrick, Milliones UPREP, Perry, Westinghouse
    Please contact Carmella Hernandez, Central Support Clerk
    Phone: 412-529-3527
    Fax: 412-894-2951

    Email: chernandez1@pghboe.net

    Enrollment Paperwork US mailed should be addressed as follows:
    Pittsburgh Public Schools
    Data, Research, Evaluation and Assessment (DREA)
    Attention: Central Support Clerk's Name listed above
    Suite #348
    341 S. Bellefield Ave
    Pittsburgh, PA 15213
    Year-round/Holidays/Summer Enrollments: If your child's school is not staffed during the holidays or during the summer (approximately around middle of June), you may register at Central Enrollment Office located at the District's Administration Building (Oakland). Please view contact information above for the Central Enrollment Office.

    Additional questions?

    Please contact the school you are trying to register your child for or the Parent Hotline at 412-529-HELP (4357).