The Pittsburgh Public Schools (PPS) receives a large number of requests from our community to distribute information about events/activities to our families. Any external flyer must be approved by the District before distribution at any PPS school or site. Pittsburgh Public School cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar.
In the past, schools sent home loads of flyers in students' backpacks. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery. To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations are not distributed.
- Visit the Peachjar Registration Page
- Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type)
- Upload your flyer for approval
- Pay the service fee (typically less than the cost to copy and deliver flyers)
Office of Public Information staff will review the material and approve or deny it based on the standards criteria listed below.
- The District reserves the right to refuse any flyer. Typically we only approve flyers that have a clear education enrichment purpose or provide information related to enrichment activities for students, such as after-school programs and athletic programs.
- Flyers will be approved to reach schools during the following times: August 15 to May 30 of each school year.
- Flyer requests will be reviewed each week
- Flyers must contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- PPS will NOT approve a flyer that is a direct marketing pitch for professional services or merchandise.
- PPS will NOT approve flyers that are religious in nature or refer to specific religious holidays (i.e. Christmas or Easter). Not all students celebrate the same religious holidays. Rather, terms such as “Holiday”, “Winter” or “Spring” should be used.
- PPS will NOT approve flyers that are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
Contact: Portia Martin