Welcome to the PPS Newsroom!The Office of Public Information coordinates news coverage for the Pittsburgh Public Schools and is responsible for handling official communications between the District and the news media by providing story ideas to media outlets and helping to arrange appropriate interviews.
The office is responsible for the following:
Please view the District News Media Relations policy.
- Responding to media inquiries;
- News releases on district and school activities;
- News conferences and briefings;
- Radio and television broadcasts;
- Sharing of District news on the PPS website and through social media channels.
The ratification of a new three-year agreement with PPS by the Pittsburgh Federation of Teachers represents a new era.
The Summer Dreamers Academy expands the program and releases 2017 findings report.
Celebrated environmental health researcher and author, influential climate change scientist and educator, Broadway and movie composer, globally-engaged fashion designer, and an award-winning physician and hypertension researcher are 2018 inductees