Pittsburgh Public Schools Magnet Information
Magnet schools and programs allow students to pursue special interests, talents or career goals. Magnet schools are not neighborhood specific, so students who reside anywhere in the Pittsburgh Public School District can apply to attend.The magnet application period for the 2018-2019 school year opened on September 18, 2017.
- Applications for the magnet lottery are due by 5 pm Friday, December 8.
- The deadline for applications to Pittsburgh CAPA has passed. Applications were due by 5 pm Wednesday, October 25.
Once a student enrolls in a magnet school, he/she is expected to remain in the program for at least one school year. Midyear transfers or withdrawals from magnet programs are not granted. The deadline to withdraw is September 15.
Students in magnet programs must meet the following requirements in order to remain in the school/program. Students who do not meet these requirements may be returned to their assigned school at year’s end.
Pittsburgh Public Schools Magnet Programs
- All students must maintain a 90% attendance rate.
- Students in grades 6-12 may not receive more than one 4-10 day suspension, or more than 6 total days of suspension per year.
- Students in grades 9-12 must maintain a 2.0 GPA.
Click on each school name to access their website, with information including the school description, address, phone number, and principal.
- Allderdice High School, Pre-Engineering
- Allegheny K-5, Traditional Academy
- Allegheny 6-8, Traditional Academy
- Brashear High School, Teaching Academy
- CAPA 6-12, Creative and Performing Arts
- Carmalt PreK-8, Science & Technology
- Classical 6-8, Classical Academy
- Dilworth PreK-5, Traditional Academy
- Fulton PreK-5, French Emphasis
- Liberty K-5, Spanish Emphasis
- Linden K-5, Mandarin Emphasis
- Milliones University Prep, University Focus
- Montessori PreK-5, Montessori Method
- Obama Academy of International Studies, International Baccalaureate
- Perry High School, Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) & STEAM
- Phillips K-5, Spanish Emphasis
- Schiller 6-8, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
- Science & Technology Academy (SciTech), Science & Technology
- Sterrett 6-8, Classical Academy
- Woolslair PreK-5, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)