Leave of Absence Requests
Effective June 1, 2021: East Coast Risk Management (ECRM) will be Pittsburgh Public Schools’ Leaves of Absence Administrator
ECRM administers the following medical and child related leaves of absence
- Medical Leaves per the Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”)
- Pregnancy Leaves per the FMLA
- Paternity Leaves per the FMLA
- Adoption Placement of Foster Care Placement Leaves per the FMLA
- Childrearing Leaves
- Non-FMLA medical, maternity, paternity, and adoption placement and foster care placement Leaves
To Request a Medical or Child-Related Leave
- Please email ECRM at email@example.com to request a leave of absence. Please apply for your leave as soon as possible and, at least 30 days in advance, when the need to take a leave is foreseeable.
Please Note: Email is preferred. However, if you do not have access to email, then you may call ECRM at 1-844-865-3126.
- In response to your request for a leave, ECRM may request that you complete and submit certain information. Please complete and return any information that ECRM requests. Failure to do so will delay your request and may result in your leave being unapproved.
- Eligibility and approval will be determined by ECRM.How to Request a Sabbatical, Religion-Related or Military-Related Leave
ECRM will respond to your request for a leave of absence within two business days. Please avoid duplicate requests as this will cause delays in response time.
ECRM does not administer the following leaves:
- Health or Professional Development Sabbatical
- Religious holiday or observance Leave
- Military Leave covered under USERRA
Please contact Anne Reckhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-529-3627 for the following leave requests. Upon contacting Ms. Reckhouse, you will be guided through the application process.
IMPORTANT: Please continue to follow regular call-off procedures, including entering your absence request daily in Frontline, until you receive in-writing confirmation that your Leave of Absence request has been approved. If your leave is approved then Employee Relations will code it in Frontline.