Obama Academy PTSA
To support and provide resources to the Obama Academy community, fostering an outstanding educational experience through communication, engagement and unity.
We are a 501(c)3 organization that works to:
● Improve communication between teachers, staff, students, families and community.
● Provide supplemental funding for tech upgrades, school supplies, student enrichment.
● Organize volunteer support for tutoring and school activities.
Recent progress toward these goals has included:
● Securing a $75,000 grant from Google © to establish the creation of PPS’s first Maker Space.
● Providing scholarships for Obama students to attend enrichment workshops.
● Coordinating the donation/purchase of equipment and supplies.
● Funding and facilitating activities for school beautification.
● Awarding grants to Obama Academy teachers to provide supplemental classroom materials.
● Organizing an International Festival that celebrates the diversity of the Obama community.
We have even bigger plans for this school year, but we need you to make them happen. Please:
● Attend our monthly meetings, first one will be on 9/25, Tuesday at 6:30pm, in the library.
● Like us on Facebook at Pittsburgh Obama 6-12 PTSA (facebook.com/pghobamaptsa).
● Volunteer your time to ensure that your child’s school can provide the best possible education!
We look forward to a great year for all our kids,
PTSA Executive Board
For more information please contact us directly at: email@example.com .
Please print out the enrollment form below to join our PTSA family.
2018-19 PTSA Registration Form
College Readiness Information Packet