All students will graduate high school college, career and life-ready prepared to complete a two-or four-year college degree or workforce certification.
The Pittsburgh Public Schools will be one of America’s premier school districts, student-focused, well-managed, and innovative.
We will hold ourselves accountable for preparing all children to achieve academic excellence and strength of character, so that they have the opportunity to succeed in all aspects of life.
- All children can learn at high levels.
- Teachers have a profound impact on student development, and should have ample training, support and resources.
- Education begins with a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Families are an essential part of the educational process.
- A commitment from the entire community is necessary to build a culture that encourages student achievement.
- Improvement in education is guided by consistent and effective leadership.
- Central office exists to serve students and schools.