Pittsburgh Public Schools Seeks Public Commentary on State Required Comprehensive Plan
Beginning February 27th, teachers, staff, administrators, parents and community members are invited to provide commentary on the Pittsburgh Public Schools Comprehensive Plan. Required by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the Comprehensive Plan enhances the work the District has underway as part of its 2017-2022 Expect Great Things Strategic Plan in the following areas:
- Early Childhood Education,
- Gifted Education
- Aligned Instructional Systems
- New Teacher Induction, and
- Job-Embedded Professional Development.
The District’s Draft Comprehensive Plan is available for public commentary now through March 27, 2019, at 10 AM. There are a number of ways to provide comment on the plan:
- Download the Comprehensive Plan and complete the online survey.
- Pick up a printed copy of the Comprehensive Plan in Room 203 of the Board of Education’s Administrative Offices, located at 341 Bellefield Avenue and submit a comment at www.pghschools.org/comprehensiveplan.
- Speak at the public hearing March 25, 2019 (Procedures for public hearings can be found online under the Board of Directors portion of the District’s website)
Public comment will be reviewed and considered in the Draft Comprehensive Plan. The Board is expected to vote on the Final Comprehensive Plan at its March 27, 2019, Legislative Session.
On a different timeline, the District's Special Education Comprehensive Plan will be due in 2020.
The Pittsburgh Public Schools Comprehensive Plan was informed by stakeholder commentary gathered at 10 input sessions held across the city. This commentary can be found below.