Student Support Services
The Office of Student Support Services is the hub that connects schools, students, families, and community with the necessary resources and supports to assure the academic, social, behavioral and emotional well-being and success of all students.
The Office of Student Support Services includes the following areas:
- District-wide supervision and technical assistance in the areas of Student Discipline and Alternative Education
- Attendance Awareness, Monitoring, and Tracking Efforts
- Student Registrations, Transfers, and School Enrollment/Assignments including the Magnet Office
- Work Permits
- Health Services
- Interscholastic Athletics
- Student Assistance Program (SAP)
- Bullying and Sexual Harassment Prevention/Intervention
- Crisis Intervention and enrollment and servicing of homeless youth
- Coordination for a variety of mental, behavioral and physical health partnerships
- Oversight of Counselors and Social Workers
- Professional development for Administrators, Counselors, Social Workers, Nurses, Dental Hygienists, Student Services Assistants and other staff in all Student Support Service related areas.
- Oversight of the acquisition and disbursement of supplemental funds to support the ‘Be a Middle School Mentor’ Initiative, Out-of-School Time Activities/Initiatives (i.e. After-School Programs, Summer Dreamers Academy, and Credit Recovery), Education Leading to Employment and Career Training (ELECT) Teen Parenting Program, and College Ready Indicator System (CRIS).