Get Them Vaxxed!
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is the best way to keep us all safe and healthy. That’s why Pittsburgh Public Schools is partnering with UPMC to host COVID-19 vaccination clinics. First and second doses as well as booster shots are available. Children between the ages of 5-11 can receive the Pfizer pediatric vaccine. Students 12 years of age and older may receive the Pfizer vaccine, and adult family members may receive either the Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson and Johnson vaccine. In addition to hosting vaccination clinics, the District wants to be sure staff and families are aware of vaccination clinics in our area. Please visit our site regularly as dates are added to the calendar below. In addition, visitors may also submit information about upcoming clinics in your area to be added to the calendar.
Getting vaccinated against Covid-19 is a key step to keeping our schools open and all of us safe and healthy.
- When you’re vaxxed, you can get back to doing what you like to do.
- Get vaxxed and get back to in-person learning.
- Get vaxxed and get back to playing sports.
- Get vaxxed and get back to performances and live shows.
- Get vaxxed and get back to hanging out with friends.
Covid-19 vaccines are safe for anyone age 5 and older.
At PPS, we adhere to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations regarding:
- Consistent and correct use of masks by all individuals, vaccinated or unvaccinated, in schools
- Social distancing – maintaining at least 3 feet of distance in classrooms
- Frequent and proper hand washing
- Staying home if you have a fever or otherwise do not feeling well
- Covid testing if you have come in contact with someone who tests positive for Covid-19 and quarantining as necessary after exposure
- Proper cleaning and disinfecting of common areas in schools
And most importantly – vaccinations to stop the spread of Covid-19!
Find out where you can get vaxxed by visting the calendar. Also find vaccine information and resources below.