Community Based Vocational Education - (CBVE)For more information, please contact:
Oliver Citywide Academy2323 Brighton Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
What is CBVE?
- Employment preparation through vocational exploration, assessment and training that occurs in a real work setting. It is designed to move students with disabilities toward their goal of employment.
- Occurs in a typical work setting rather than in conventional school environments.
- Student participation is a non-paid, volunteer vocational experience.
- Students receive academic credit for participation.
- Students receive transportation to and from the vocational training site based on individual travel training needs, parent preference and IEP goals.
- Students are evaluated, instructed and supervised by trained school district staff or community agency job specialists at real work sites in the community.
Who is CBVE for?
- Students for whom competitive employment is not immediately obtainable.
- The primary focus involves students with intellectual and/or physical disabilities and autism spectrum disorders.
- Students aged 14 and older.
The Pittsburgh Public Schools (PPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs, activities or employment and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to Dr. Dara Ware Allen, Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 341 Bellfield Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 or 412.529.HELP (4357).