Pittsburgh Public Schools
Requesting Transcripts and Student Records
If you are requesting student records for a student who is either active, recently attended or graduated within the past school year, please contact the last Pittsburgh Public School you attended for your records.
Students who graduated from a Pittsburgh Public School by this past June
will contact their graduating school directly until June 1st of the following year
for records. To contact your school, click here
and scroll to the bottom of these page.
After June 1, however, please follow the alumni protocol below.
Alumni (2016 and prior)
Effective immediately, all requests (excluding current students, current graduates or recent attendees) must be placed online.
- $5 for alumni (a minimum of 4-6 weeks)
- $15 for corporate (employers/educational/legal/3rd party employment entities) requests (a minimum of 4-6 weeks)
- $20 additional for express orders (3-5 business day turn-around)
- Alumni, once you access the above site, please click the icon.
- Employer/educational/legal/3rd party verification entities, please click the icon once you access the above site.
What to expect:
- Transcripts or school records that are requested are automatically sent electronically with a official seal on the record(s). This allows for quicker service.
- Alumni: If you need your records to be emailed directly to a school or employer, please make sure to use that email in the request instead of yours or you may forward the record yourself to that entity.
- Transcripts may take a minimum of 4-6 weeks from date of receipt to process. Our office manages and disseminates well over 100 open and permanently closed Pittsburgh Public School student records.
- We do not replace or duplicate diplomas. We provide copies of your transcripts or student records only.
Our office does not process the following . . .
- GED transcripts or diplomas. Please go to www.diplomasender.com
- IEP/Special Education Records: Deborah Reynolds at (412) 323-3137 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health and immunization records: We do not take responsibility on maintaining, therefore disseminating, a student's health and immunization records once they graduate from the school district. We always suggest that alum contact their Primary Care Provider if records are not available.
- Legal Requests/Subpoenas: Sandy Benjamin at (412) 529-3781 or email@example.com
Questions and concerns about existing requests only
(Please do no place records requests by the below email, please follow the above web portal).
*Please Note: If you are contacting our office because the STATUS of your request has NOT been “Assigned a Processor”, it means that your request has indeed been received but not completed. Requests are processed based off of a first come first serve and basis and if the request is Express Processing.
Your existing Scribs Order #(if you do not have an existing request, please place one at https://ppspa.scriborder.com)
- Your first and last name (maiden name also if applicable)
- Date you placed the request
- Contact phone number
- Pittsburgh Public School(s) you requested records for
- Your detailed question or concern