The best time to visit? Spring break of your junior year can be ideal. Even if you are not certain where you might eventually apply, if you can visit one large, one medium size, and one small school, you will be better prepared to make final decisions about where to apply.
During Your Visit
- Focus on people, places, and programs during your visit.
- Talk to as many people as you can: students, dining hall workers, tour guides, and faculty.
- Look at the student newspaper and check out campus bulletin boards.
- Wander through the quad or student center and observe how students interact with each other.
- Keep track of the names of people you talk with, especially in the admission office.
- Go to the admission session and take the official tour.
- If you are meeting or interviewing with an admission staff member, be on time, be yourself, ask good questions, and make to mention anything about your background or achievements that you want the admission office to know.
Read more tips here.