Obama Academy PTSA
To support and provide resources to the Obama Academy community, fostering an outstanding educational experience through communication, engagement and unity.
We are a 501(c)3 organization that works to:
● Improve communication between teachers, staff, students, families and community.
● Provide supplemental funding for tech upgrades, school supplies, student enrichment.
● Organize volunteer support for tutoring and school activities.
Recent progress toward these goals has included:
● Securing a $75,000 grant from Google © to establish the creation of PPS’s first Maker Space.
● Providing scholarships for Obama students to attend enrichment workshops.
● Coordinating the donation/purchase of equipment and supplies.
● Funding and facilitating activities for school beautification.
● Awarding grants to Obama Academy teachers to provide supplemental classroom materials.
● Organizing an International Festival that celebrates the diversity of the Obama community.
We have even bigger plans for this school year, but we need you to make them happen. Please:
● Attend our monthly meetings, first one will be on 9/25, Tuesday at 6:30pm, in the library.
● Like us on Facebook at Pittsburgh Obama 6-12 PTSA (facebook.com/pghobamaptsa).
● Volunteer your time to ensure that your child’s school can provide the best possible education!
We look forward to a great year for all our kids,
PTSA Executive Board
For more information please contact us directly at: email@example.com .
Please print out the enrollment form below to join our PTSA family.
Easy Ways to Support the Obama Academy
You can support the Obama Academy every time you shop on Amazon.com. Simply use the link below and register Obama Academy PTSA as your charity of choice! (Yes, "PTA Pennsylvania Congress" is correct.) https: //smile.amazon.com/ch/47-4038453
Shoparoo is a hassle-free fundraiser. Simply download the app for your iPhone or Android, register to support the Barak Obama Academy of International Studies PTSA, and scan receipts. Obama PTSA will receive points that earn cash for stores that sell groceries - including stores like Target, Walmart, and Costco. Receipts must be less than 2 weeks old, so please enter them when you shop.
Clipping Box Tops is an easy way for you to help our school buy what it needs. Each Box Tops is worth 10¢ and they quickly add up to real cash for our school. Last school year, we earned $453.00 in cash! This year we’d like to make $1000 – and we can with your help. Just look for pink Box Tops on products, clip them, and send them to school. Please have your child turn them into the office or bring them to a PTSA meeting, or drop them off in the main office.
Helping PPS Obama get new equipment is as easy as using your Advantage Card at Giant Eagle! The “Apples For The Students” program helps our school earn points that can be redeemed for school-related equipment. It’s easy to do!
Call 1-800-474-4777 and follow the prompts to register the school using code 0367
Visit www.gianteagle.com/AFTS. You’ll need to create an account. Then choose the “Apples for the Students” link.
2. Enter your Giant Eagle Advantage Card® number (which appears under the bar code).
3. Enter the school code. Obama’s ID is #0367.
This program is great--it’s easy & free. The more people who sign up, the more good stuff we get for our school! Please sign up a friend, aunt, or grandmother who is willing to register their Advantage card so Obama can earn even more points!