Staff Nutrition, Hydration, and Sleep Resources
Provides a nutrition newsletter with information about current nutrition topics, food reviews, healthful recipes, and cooking tips.
UPMC -Nutrition Services
Provides diet and nutrition information and counseling, medical nutrition therapy, and nutrition resources, including ask a dietitian
Adagio Health - Power Up
Provides opportunities for nutrition and cooking classes, lessons, workshops, cooking demonstrations, and much more
CDC - Nutrition Page
Provides information in regard to the importance/why it matters and how it makes a difference, nutrion information for infant and toddlers, strategies and guidelines, resources, tools, publications, and much more
This site provides a plethera of online resources and printable materials, including basic nutrition, tips, educational information, recipes, eating vegetarian, food safety, and much more
Additional Nutrition Resources for Families and Students
- Nutrition Education Resources - Explore these nutrition education resources to help you to integrate nutrition throughout the school day.
- Making the Most of Mealtimes - Here’s how students can get the most out of mealtime with their family.
- Student School Food Survey - Using student feedback can help you improve the meals served in the cafeteria and increase their satisfaction with the school meal program, ultimately increasing participation.
- 5 Tips to Drink More Water
- Healthy Ways to Reward Kids - Review this resource to discover how to reward kids without the use of unhealthy foods.
- Promoting and Integrating Healthy Messages in Your Classroom
- Healthy Corner Store Swap - Whether you are grocery shopping or grabbing an on-the-go snack, consider these healthy swap suggestions.
- Eat Smart While Eating Out - Sometimes eating out is necessary. Check out these simple tips for eating healthier while dining out. También disponible en español!
- Quick, Healthy Meal Planning - Check out these ideas for saving time and money while planning healthy meals at home.
- Essential Topics on Healthy Eating
- Grade Level Alignment to Essential Skills in Physical Activity and Healthy Eating
Sleep Resources for Staff, Families, and Students
- Improve Sleep: Tips to Improve Your Sleep When Times Are Tough - Tips, Techniques, and "need to know/s" for getting quality sleep
- Relaxation Techniques - Dartmouth Wellness Center Guided Recordings
- Sleep Guidelines During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Sleep Foundation Resource Guide
- Your Guide to Health Sleep - National Health, Lungs, and Blood Institute - Resource Guide - This patient booklet provides the latest science-based information about sleep, including types of sleep, common sleep myths, practical tips for getting adequate sleep, coping with jet lag, nighttime shift work, and an overview of certain sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome, narcolepsy, and some parasomnias.
- CDC Sleep and Sleep Disorders - Basics, Data and Stats, and Resources
- Tips for sleeping well this winter - Sleep Education - How winter affects sleep and tips to help
Children Specific Sleep Resources
- CDC- Do Your Children Get Enough Sleep? - CDC Infographic on proper sleep times for children, potential issues based on lack of sleep, and tips for good sleep
- Healthy Sleep - Sleep Education American Association of Sleep Medicine
- Sleep Strategies for Kids - Sleep Foundation Strategies and Techniques for Kids Sleep
- How to Help Kids Who Have Trouble Sleeping - Child Mind Institute