Things are heating up in more ways than one this summer: Introducing CTE's Hands On Training in the Summer (H.O.T.S.) Program!
Through the H.O.T.S. program, rising 11th and 12th grade CTE students have the opportunity to make up for the in-person learning experiences lost during the past 16 months of the pandemic. H.O.T.S. students will receive hands-on training using the industry-specific, state-of-the-art equipment in CTE program labs. They will also earn clinical hours and industry-recognized certifications.
The H.O.T.S. program will run Monday-Wednesday, June 21 – July 28, 2021 (Closed Monday, July 5)
from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
More H.O.T.S. Perks:
- Receive free PAT bus trip tickets for the duration of the program
- Earn First Aid and CPR Certifications
- Participate in work-based learning field trips
- Receive a free H.O.T.S. t-shirt and mask
- Participate in a very special end-of-program activity (you have to be in it to get it!)
The H.O.T.S. application is open to current 10th and 11th grade CTE students (who will be in 11th and 12th grade during the 2021-22 school year). You MUST be currently enrolled in a Pittsburgh Public Schools CTE program to apply. You MUST apply to join the program. These are the available H.O.T.S. options:
- Automotive Body Repair - Brashear
- Automotive Technology - Brashear
- Business Administration, Sports and Entertainment - Westinghouse
- Carpentry - Carrick
- Cosmetology - Westinghouse
- Culinary Arts - Westinghouse
- Early Childhood Education - Milliones
- Emergency Response Technology - Westinghouse
- Engineering - Allderdice
- Health Careers Technology - Carrick and Westinghouse
- Machine Operations - Brashear
- Multimedia Production and Coding - Brashear
Click this link: H.O.T.S. Program Application.
The application window is from May 4 - May 21, 2021 (at 5:00 p.m.)!
Submit your application TODAY!!!
For more information, email us at email@example.com.