Limited Open Enrollment
LIMITED OPEN ENROLLMENT OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE AT 12 DISTRICT SCHOOLS
Open Enrollment Now Underway for the 2021-2022 School Year
PITTSBURGH July 8, 2021 – Pittsburgh Public Schools has post-lottery magnet and open enrollment spaces now available for the 2021-2022 school year at schools across the city.
Post-Lottery Magnet Spaces
Magnet applications are processed on a first come, first-served basis through Friday, September 10, 2021, for students to be accepted into 15 programs with remaining vacancies or to be added to existing waiting lists. Current families can apply online using their Home Access Center login information.
External applicants must present evidence of the child's age, two proofs of residency, and immunization records. Applicants can submit information and apply by visiting www.pghschools.org/magnet.
Applications can be sent via postal mail, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or fax (412) 622-8544. Families
The chart below lists the 12 (twelve) District schools and the space available in each school. To learn more about each school please visit http://www.discoverpps.org.
Space Available (last updated 8.15.2021)
2021-2022 Open Enrollment KDG 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ARSENAL Prek-5 6 10 5 6 4 Beechwood K-5 4 2 2 Concord K-5 6 15 5 GRANDVIEW K-5 7 2 5 3 2 Langley K-8 5 5 5 5 5 5 Lincoln K-5 5 10 10 Manchester 4 4 5 7 2 2 5 8 Mifflin K-8 3 10 0 0 2 6 10 5 Minadeo K-5 5 9 9 10 10 10 Morrow K-8 20 20 12 11 1 6 20 6 9 South Brook 6-8 14 14 8 Sunnyside K-8 6 8 5 5 4 2 West Liberty K-5 3 5 3 3 2 2 Westwood K-5 1 3 2 WHITTIER K-5 10 10
No student may open enroll into a Magnet program. The Open Enrollment process will be independent of other transfers.Below is additional information for parents to consider regarding Limited Open Enrollment.
- Open enrollment will be a commitment only for the specific school requested. When the student advances from one grade configuration to the next, he or she will return to the feeder pattern of residence.
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come first served basis, within the limits of available space.
USE THIS FORM: Open Enrollment Application 2021-22 School Year
- Submit the completed form to the Office of Student Support Services via email to email@example.com. Please have your subject line read: RE: Open Enrollment Appl - (STUDENT NAME/ present school ) - FOR (SCHOOL)
- If a student is entering kindergarten or PPS for the first time, and is not currently enrolled, the parent(s) or legal guardian must register prior to submitting an application for Open Enrollment. Visit pghschools.org/enrollment for more information on how to enroll.
- The District will not incur additional transportation costs; therefore, transportation will not be provided unless there is an existing route with available space.
- Please note that there is no guarantee Open Enrollment will be afforded to parents in the future –parents cannot assume that siblings at a later date will be able to enroll in the same school as their older siblings.