When to Keep Your Child Home from School
The ACHD recommends students and families take the same precautions recommended during the flu season.
- Follow your pediatrician’s orders. If your child is told to stay home, keep him or her home.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues, or cough or sneeze into your inner elbow.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. If not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Get a flu vaccination.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid people who are sick and practice social distancing.