Strategic Academic Partnerships
Meaningful and effective partnerships are critical to the overall success of students at Pittsburgh Public Schools. To best align the work of Out-of-School Time partners to the needs of students, programming must be implemented in a strategic way that meets and supports Districts goals, as well as promotes whole-child growth. A Strategic Partner is an organization that works closely with the District to support student outcomes and achievement so that learning goals between the two are integrated.
Strategic Academic Partnership
Academic Partners are committed to curricular bridging- building aligned instructional systems that span in and out-of-school time. Through additional supports from District curriculum staff, these partners will be able to clearly articulate District academic goals and effectively deliver academic instruction in out-of-school time that leads to positive student outcomes.
- Must be an approved OST Partner
- Must be currently serving PPS students
- Must be willing to share detailed program attendance data with PPS
- Programming must be academic-centered
- Program evaluation outcomes must be academic centered
- Program must be fully-funded
- Will participate in site visitations
- Must be willing to attend monthly meetings
Strategic Academic Partnership Goals
The goals of the Strategic Academic Partnership are aligned with the PPS Strategic Plan Framework and support us in achieving our long-term District goals.
- Provide individualized supports to participating partner organizations
- Improve the quality of academic instruction in OST and set standards for what that means
- Develop the basis for long-term OST program evaluation
- Replicate and scale the strategic partnership to other concentrations
- Connect schools and students with high-quality, relevant OST supports
A list of our Strategic Partners will be available soon.
If you are interested in learning more about Strategic Academic Partnerships, please contact Tylor Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org.