Partnerships between District schools and community resources to offer programs which focus on academics, enrichment, health and social supports, youth and community development and family engagement, based on each school’s community needs. Community Schools promote student achievement, positive conditions for learning and the well-being of families and communities.
Community Schools Mission
Using District schools as hubs, partners agencies and community resources work to achieve the following outcomes:
- Children are ready to enter school
- Students attend school consistently
- Students are actively involved in learning and their community
- Families are increasingly involved with their children's education
- Schools are engaged with families and communities
- Students succeed academically
- Students are healthy (physically, socially, and emotionally)
- Students live and learn in a safe, supportive, and stable environment
- Communities are desirable places to live.