The 90-Day Plan's second component includes the appointment of a Transition Team, composed of national education experts who will be tasked with providing an independent analysis of the District. They'll focus on five areas:
- Organizational Structure and Staffing
- Instructional Programming and Alignment
- including the Program for Students with Exceptionalities and the English Language Learners Program
- Budget and Business Service
- Data, Research, Evaluation and Assessment
- Disciplinary Procedures and Protocols
The Council of the Great City Schools will help to identify Transition Team members, who the District anticipates naming before the start of the school year. Additionally, Dr. Hamlet will invite regional stakeholders to take part in innovative program teams that will help guide the development of the 5-Year Plan.