Applications to Pittsburgh CAPA, A Creative and Performing Arts Magnet School
The deadline for applications to Pittsburgh CAPA for the 2018-19 school year has passed. Applications were due by 5 pm Wednesday, October 25.
The information below is available for reference. Check back in September for updated information about the application and audition process for the 2019-20 school year.
Questions? Contact Ms. Campbell, 412-529-6116 or email@example.com
Vocal AuditionsMiddle school students should choose from four songs:
High school students will pick one of two songs ("Ward the Pirate" or "Since First I Saw Your Face"), and then sing a selection of their own. The personal selection can be from any style/genre, and can be done without accompaniment, or music may be brought in to be played by an accompanist.
- "Maybe”, by Martin Charnin/Charles Strouse, from the musical, Annie
- “Maybe” Karaoke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD2It087ybg
- "Edelweiss" Richard Rogers/Oscar Hammerstein, from the musical, The Sound of Music
- “Edelweiss” Karoake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtFVdfokp2I
- "My Favorite Things" Richard Rogers/Oscar Hammerstein from the musical, The Sound of Music
- “My Favorite Things” Karoake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE6Tbasv9gU
- "Where is Love?" Lionel Bart, from the musical, Oliver
- “Where is Love?” Karoake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxiP2Nd9WDA
Questions can be directed to Gerald Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org