Educational Summer Activities
Continued learning over the summer helps your student to be academically on track for the start of the new school year! While Pittsburgh Public Schools offers a variety of summer camps and programs for our students, there are plenty of educational activities that you can participate in with your student over the summer!
- Read a book at the Carnegie Library branch closest to you!
- Play outside in one of Pittsburgh's many parks!
- Visit a museum!
- Prepare a healthy snack!
- Turn your kitchen into a science lab!
- Make your own musical instruments!
- Write and illustrate your own book!
- Go fly a kite!
- Turn junk into something new!
- Virtually visit National Parks, Monuments and Historic Sites!
- Start a rock collection!
- Take a virtual college tour!
- Pick a beautiful bouquet of flowers!
- Go on a treasure hunt!
- Volunteer with a local organization!
- Check out these fun resource websites!
- Fight the summer brain drain!
For more activities and programs within Pittsburgh, visit http://www.afterschoolpgh.org/programs/