Where can I find the current job openings?All current job postings can be viewed on our Employment Opportunities page. Please note that we no longer post job openings in the administration building.In order to apply to work for the Pittsburgh Public Schools, it is necessary to complete an on-line application. We no longer accept paper applications. Since different positions have different application requirements, it is best to visit our Employment Opportunities for more detailed information on how to apply.
- Where can I find the current job openings?
- How do I apply to work for the Pittsburgh Public Schools?
- Is city residency a requirement for employment with the Pittsburgh Public Schools?
- How do I become certified to teach in PA?
- Is there a certification reciprocity between PA and other states?
- How do I apply to become a Substitute Teacher with the Pittsburgh Public Schools?
City residency is a requirement for most jobs with the Pittsburgh Public Schools with the exception of certificated positions. Each job posting states if residency is a requirement for that particular position.Pittsburgh Public Schools as a school district does not certify teachers. Inquiries can be directed to the Pennsylvania Department of Education at 717-787-3356.There is a reciprocity for coursework but all educators certified outside of PA must take the Praxis exams for PA. Specific questions regarding obtaining PA certification must be directed to the Pennsylvania Department of Education.Please view our Substitute Teacher FAQs.