NewsroomThe Office of Public Information coordinates news coverage for the Pittsburgh Public Schools and is responsible for handling official communications between the District and the news media by providing story ideas to media outlets and helping to arrange appropriate interviews. The office is responsible for the following:
Please view the District News Media Relations policy.
- Responding to media inquiries;
- News releases on district and school activities;
- News conferences and briefings;
- Radio and television broadcasts;
- Sharing of District news on the PPS website and through social media channels.
Public Source, February 14, 2018
Superintendent Hamlet Clarifies the Facts in Message to District Stakeholders