Get InvolvedAt Pittsburgh Public Schools, we strive to create an inclusive school community where all families and individuals in the community can be a part of the school environment. We believe that partnerships among schools, families and community groups are a necessity in creating a successful academic and social experience for children.
Family members of current students can elect to become a Parent Advisory Council Committee Member. Each school may choose to elect a maximum of four individuals to act as representatives for their specific school. These members are appointed by school principals. Interested candidates should contact their school’s principal.
Additionally, individuals are able to be a part of a school’s Parent and School Community Council (PSCC). Anyone with a tie to the school is welcome to attend PSCC meetings. Meetings are held monthly and cover a wide variety of topics that are of interest to the school. Local business and community leaders are invited to attend and give presentations. Visit a school’s website to find out when their PSCC meetings are held.Here are some other ways to "Get Involved" with Pittsburgh Public Schools:
- Follow Pittsburgh Public Schools on Facebook and/or Twitter
- Become a Middle School Mentor
- Read to a class of students
- Volunteer in a school
- Speak to students about school, homework, their interests, ambitions and dreams and encourage students to attend school. Students can’t learn if they are not in school.
- Donate to the Pittsburgh Promise® Scholarship Program
- Participate in your school's PTO/PTA (*Not every school has a PTO/PTA. Contact your school for more information.)
- Learn more more ways to get involved by checking out the Parent and Family Involvement Policy.
APPLY BY JUNE 5, 2017!The 2017-2018 Pittsburgh Public Schools Partnership application is officially open to organizations serving students in the Out-of-School Time space. Organizations that are interested in applying may do so by completing the application at Partnership Application. If your organization partnered with us in the previous year, please complete the “2017-2018 Returning Partner Application”. If your organization did not partner with the PPS Out-of-School Time office during the 2016-2017 school year, please complete the “2017-2018 New Partnership Application”.